Friday, April 22, 2011

The light in my life

My fiancée (I never knew a person could love a word so much - fiancée, fiancée, fiancée. I want to say it all the time, because calling him "boyfriend" never did seem quite right) is sitting on the floor counting change.  Actually, he says, "I was doing something dorkier than that. I was weeding out the pennies. Because what do you use pennies for?" and he's saying/doing something so ordinary, but his smile lights up my heart. 


Today is a low blood pressure day. I woke up dizzy and nauseous. Weak as ever. I've pretty much been in bed all day, aside from getting dressed. The first thing I did when I woke up? Eat potato chips. That's when you know your life is weird; when you wake up, eat potato chips and it's because you're doing something good for your health. Never could I have guessed that I'd have such a love affair with salt. 


Growing up, my mom always fed us junk food. We lived off of Wawa's fruit punch and lemonade, which was sugar and water (but mainly sugar). My older sisters liked to work out so they were always drinking gallons of water, and I thought it was gross. These days I drink a lot of it, sparkling water too. I'm one of those people who orders water at restaurants. I never thought I'd become one of those people. These days I drink and eat for health. 


We have so much to do today and it's already 2:30. We need to clean this apartment and get packing. We're moving! I can't believe it. Just last August I moved here to Jacksonville. I knew I wouldn't be here forever, but how could I have ever dreamed that I'd meet the love of my life here and immediately want to start a life with him? How could I have dreamed that both of us would share a love of small towns or the desire for a slower paced life? That both of us would love the mountains and open fields? I'm so lucky that my life has contained things that even I could not dream up. Magical, miraculous people and places and things that were placed in my life at exactly the perfect moments. No matter how many obstacles were in my life or how much my world felt like it was crumbling around me, somehow, some way, the stars aligned - and I'm lucky.


Now if only my blood pressure would rise a little so we can start packing ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment