Monday, October 3, 2011

Goodbye Jax!

In just four days we'll be leaving Jacksonville.


I can't believe it.


As much as we complain about it, I know we're going to miss it. 


This is where we met, where we fell in love. It's also where we met some amazing friends and had the experience of a lifetime. So many memories here. It's hard to say goodbye.


When I moved here, I wasn't sure what life held in store for me. I never could have dreamed of what happened. I was hopeful that I'd come here, make friends, get some good doctors, and feel like my life was moving forward in one way or another. It felt like my life was on pause for so long and I was eager to do something, anything to see some positive changes occur. 


But honestly - I felt like I was being pulled here. There are so many things that could've prevented me from getting here. When I look back, even I realize it was kind of a crazy thing to do. Nobody back home was encouraging me to go. I could tell most of my family thought it was going to result in disaster. I was scared. I was moving to a city I'd never even been to. At the time I was so sick and weak and I remember wondering how I'd even make it through the airport, nonetheless how I was going to manage a move.


Ironically enough I'm laying here wondering the same thing about this next chapter in my life!


The big difference now is that I'm not leaving everything behind in Jacksonville-


My soul mate, my future husband, is coming along with me! 


Aahh, I am forever grateful for this city and for all of the people and circumstances that lead me here.  Words cannot describe. In fact, I have never been able to find the appropriate words to describe our love story or my feelings for him. From the very beginning, I could not accurately describe the draw I felt towards him - the way I looked out the window, saw him, and instantly felt like I wanted to be closer to him.


The excitement and butterflies that I felt when he first said to me, "There's not a thing I don't like about you." That second in time when I knew he was going to tell me how he felt and I could not wait to let him know I felt it too. 


We were sitting on a curb in this very apartment complex; both of our hearts racing (feeling weaker by the minute because of POTS!). I remember the look on his face during that moment in time when we both knew it could be the beginning of something really special, the way we walked around hand in hand.  I was weak and dizzy, but could not have been happier.


It was like the moon and the stars were lit up just for us....


And now, we're off to the next chapter of our adventure! North Carolina, here we come!







No comments:

Post a Comment